Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Safe at Home

We are having lots of fun being home with our new little bundle of joy. Anton and Zackary LOVE being big brothers and want to help with EVERYTHING. Sunday as soon as they got home from church they came and were sitting on either side of me as I was feeding Isabel. They were both immediately interested in Isabel and asking all sorts of questions. Anton was very curious about why Isabel was "chewing on my body." I explained to him the whats, hows, and whys of nursing a baby and he immediately asked if Isabel could "chew on his body." I explained again that it was just for Mamas. Zackary then joined in the crusade by lifting up his shirt and telling me that he wanted to feed Isabel, also. After a couple of more explanations at different feedings I think they finally understand they just don't quite have the right equipment.

They have been super sports while welcoming this new baby to our home. Every once in a while they get frustrated that I am not moving as fast as they want me to, or that I can't pick them up. Luckily we have had lots of help from Grandmas and Aunts and especially Daddy. I have such a wonderful husband. How blessed I am.

Anton and Zackary at the hospital with their new little sister.



The proud new Papa.



All dressed and ready to go home.



Hmm, I know I found those fingers earlier. Why won't they just cooperate and let me suck on them.



This morning. Such a sweet and content little girl. She rarely cries and is very patient.



Anton and Zackary have been enjoying some new pajamas that Aunt Misti got for Anton for his birthday. (I can't believe that I completely forgot to take pictures of Anton at his parties. I will have to get some from others and then post about our little four year old.) Anton is such a great big brother. Upon seeing the pajamas he decided that he would wear the Buzz Lightyear pajamas and Zackary could wear the Woody pajamas. The next night Anton very graciously switched so that Zackary could be Buzz and he could be Woody. We never suggested that he share or anything. He loves his little brother and is great at sharing and helping Zackary be happy. How proud I am of him. The pajamas are quite large for Zackary, but it works.

I had a hard time getting both of them to hold still at the same time. So here are two pictures of them. Introducing the new Woody and Buzz duo.



1 comment:

Trevor and Lisal said...

Oh... can't wait to hold her. She looks so great! So cute! So happy for you!