Monday, May 3, 2010

What will it be?

Yes, life is busier with three children than it is with just two. First things first. I really need a new title for my blog now that we have a little girl in our home. Me 'n the Boys just won't work. I am open to suggestions. Please send them ASAP.

I was hoping to get this post done two weeks ago (I think that's when it was), but our internet was down for three or four days. So now I am finally catching up. We are loving our little Isabel. She is a very well-behaved baby. The boys love her also, sometimes a little too much. Also, Anton and Zackary learned very quickly that is hard for mom to stop them from doing something they shouldn't do while she is nursing Isabel. I am adjusting to this development, as is Isabel. Sometimes she gets set down in the middle of a feeding so I can referee her two brothers. She just patiently awaits my return so that she can finish her dinner. What a perfect baby.

A self portrait taken one morning during our first week home with Isabel. Linden took it with his camera. I thought it was really cute. Linden truly loves having a daughter and is going to spoil her.



Our first full weekend home was General Conference and Easter. We were busy. Linden took the boys to an easter egg hunt so Isabel and I could have some peace and quiet to listen to Conference. I am grateful that he was willing to brave the cold and SNOW and WIND. In the picture it doesn't look like that much snow. Don't be deceived. With the snow came lots of wind, meaning the snow was drifted. Anton and Zackary got a good haul at the easter egg hunt. They actually didn't "hide" the eggs for the hunt. They just handed out the eggs and prizes to all the kids that showed up so that everyone could get back inside and out of the cold.



Saturday morning while Linden and the boys were braving the cold Isabel and I were enjoying Conference and a visit from Aunt Leonora and Uncle Kevin. It was great to have them here to meet Isabel and just visit.



After the afternoon session of Conference on Saturday we enjoyed a visit from Aunt Claudette, Aunt Brook, Grandma, Shaun and Uncle Alex to dye eggs. Some of them turned out really cool. Sorry, no pictures of them though. As for eggs I dye, I stick with solid one color eggs. I know very boring, but also safe.



Anton pulling a face for the camera. I couldn't resist posting it. Sometimes he does the cutest face when he makes funny faces, this one though looks unique.



The boys at the table contemplating what color to put the egg in next.



On Easter we got all packed up and went and visited Grandma Nielsen and Grandpa and Grandma Butler. I was really glad to get out of the house. We enjoyed watching Conference (when we weren't refereeing the boys) Maybe next Conference we will go on a drive so that we can listen and maybe make it through a whole talk without getting interrupted to help the boys with something.

I found one! While at Grandma Nielsen's the boys had an easter egg hunt where they actually got to look for eggs. Thanks, Grandma Nielsen.



Hmm, where could another egg be found?



Are there any eggs under this tree? Luckily the weather was a bit warmer on Sunday so the boys didn't need to put on their snow pants, boots, etc.



Isabel in a dress on Easter. Since ALL of the dresses we have for her to wear are short sleeved we put a long sleeved onesie under it. It didn't quite match, but that is OK.



One thing I discovered with this post: It takes three or four times as long to type a post when you are nursing a baby. How grateful I am for little Isabel. It is so fun to have her in our lives. We are truly blessed. I don't even mind the more hectic schedule. I just hope that everyone is willing to overlook any typos as they probably occured while I was holding our precious little bundle.

2 comments:

Jen said...

She is absolutely adorable! I'm glad that you guys had a great Easter/conference weekend.

edwin said...

The Nielsen Escutcheon, Paraphernalia Nielsen, Periodic Nielsenry, Regalia de Nielsen, The Nielsen Guidepost, LIZARDS (Linden, Isabel, Zackary, Anton, and Rachel do stuff). One of those should be a good choice for a new name. By the way I posted a poll on Joe's forum.