I was recently released from serving in the nursery only to be called as a Gospel Doctrine teacher. I am thoroughly enjoying the calling. I love studying the various different topics presented in the lessons each week and then presenting them for discussion with the class.
This last week we were studying Genesis 34-39. One of the topics obviously was immorality. I was searching for a talk by Elder Holland that I remembered hearing several times while at BYU. I never found it, but found one that was perfect and really close to the one I remember. It is a great talk. I'll give the reference, just in case anyone wants it. "Personal Purity" Elder Jeffery R. Holland, October 1998 General Conference, (Nov. 1998 Ensign).
There was one quote that really impacted me.
"One aspect of that divinity given to virtually all men and women is the use of His power to create a human body, that wonder of all wonders, a genetically and spiritually unique being never before seen in the history of the world and never to be duplicated again in all the ages of eternity. A child, your child—with eyes and ears and fingers and toes and a future of unspeakable grandeur.
"Probably only a parent who has held that newborn infant in his or her arms understands the wonder of which I speak. Suffice it to say that of all the titles God has chosen for Himself, Father is the one He favors most, and creation is His watchword—especially human creation, creation in His image. You and I have been given something of that godliness, but under the most serious and sacred of restrictions. The only control placed on us is self-control—self-control born of respect for the divine sacramental power this gift represents."
What a privilege it is to be trusted enough with this great gift of parenthood, to be able to help in the creation of a mortal body for our children. I am truly humbled by my roll as a mother. I pray constantly for the guidance I need to raise my children in righteousness. How I look forward to the new life that will enter our family this week. This new baby will truly be a great blessing. And, like Anton and Zackary, has a future of unspeakable grandeur. I love my boys so much. I love watching them grow and learn. It is truly a blessing to be an eternal family with the opportunity to be together forever. How wonderful it is to have such an amazing, fun and excellent husband that is a worthy priesthood holder to lead our family. I relish in the wonders of each day as I watch my boys grow. Now, I will have the privilege of not only watching two little boys grow and learn, but three (or it might be two boys and a girl)!! How blessed and loved I am by my Father in Heaven. I love my children!!!! (and my husband, of course!!!!)
Well, the next post will probably be Friday, with pictures of the baby!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
What an amazing post Rachel! I can't wait to meet the little boy or girl. And if it's a girl, I'll be standing by with some girl outfits for you. Please, let me know if there's anything I can do to help you this week!!
What a beautiful testimony. Thank you for that. Can't wait to see the baby. Good luck!!
Post a Comment