Friday, March 19, 2010

My Crazy Boys

Zackary is quite entertained by playing with Anton's underwear (the clean underwear at least). (I am hoping it is a sign that he will get potty trained more quickly than Anton.) He is constantly getting it out and playing with it either by wearing it or getting out the pots and pans also and cooking it. His favorite thing to do with the underwear though, is wear it.

Sometimes he wears it as it should be worn, almost. He still needs to learn that it goes under the clothes.



Sometimes it goes on his head.



His very favorite, though it to put about five or six pair of underwear on his legs and then try to run around. Sorry for the blurry picture. It is a bit difficult to get a good picture of him when he is trying to run around like this.



My little Zackary had to have some special socks to go to bed with. Anton has some bear socks that he has had since he was one. They are way to little now, but he still insists on wearing them to bed about once a month. One night Zackary couldn't stand the thought of Anton having special socks and not him, so Linden got out some of his soccer socks. Zackary was quite content.



My happy camper. Anton.



One evening, it was still about two hours until bedtime, Anton fell asleep under the crib. It was his hideout for batman. He had his batman shirt on and also his cape (my jacket). We crawled under the crib and got him out and put him to bed. He slept the whole night through.



The first weekend in January Linden drove with his mom down to Utah so she wouldn't be driving on bad roads alone. While there he got a treat for the family. It was suckers. He got a special one for Zackary. Dill Pickle flavor. Zackary actually liked it and ate it all.



Anton is truly starting to become more and more the big brother. He helps me know when Zackary is doing something he shouldn't. Unless of course he thinks it is fun and wants to participate, also. On Wednesday in about five minutes they made a mess it took us an hour to clean up. (We were just finishing when Linden got home from school.) Zackary had just woken up from his nap. Anton was playing with his playdough. Zackary wanted crayons. I left both of them happily playing at the kitchen table and went to download some proof jobs from my email before leaving for some errands.

I heard them playing quite busily and was just about done when I went to check on them because I heard crayons being thrown everywhere. Before throwing the crayons they had crumbled the playdough up into tiny little pieces and it was all over the table and floor, covering the masterpiece they had colored with crayons all over the table and floor, also. The good thing is they didn't color on the walls, I guess. They have never colored on anything besides paper before. I guess I will have to start watching them better, now.

Another example of Anton being a great big brother came on Tuesday. Anton was playing with our laundry basket, pretending to be a turtle. This is one of the boys favorite games. Zackary wanted to join in and unlike normal wasn't willing to wait until his turn with the laundry basket. I then saw a little light go on in his head. He ran and dumped out the dirty clothes from the laundry basket and very happily came carrying it out to the living room to play turtle with Anton. Unfortunately, our second laundry basket has handles that keep it from laying flat on the floor when it is upside down with a little boy under it. Afer trying for a few minutes and not quite figuring out how to get it to stay over him like he wanted, Zackary was getting very frustrated. Anton noticed this and decided to remedy the situation. He came up with a game they could both play with the laundry baskets. He turned his right side up and then did the same for Zackary and told him they were going to play boats instead of turtles. How impressed I was with his great concern and love for his brother. It was fun watching him take charge and help his little brother be happy.

How blessed I am to have such wonderful and different little boys. Zackary is definitely the ring leader when it comes to making trouble. He is more adventurous than Anton. Yesterday, while at David and Dani's soccer game, Anton would not go down any of the slides until Zackary had proven it was safe by going down the slide not just once, but twice. And Anton was there to make sure the Zackary didn't get trampled by the bigger kids that were running around. What a blessing to be a mother. I have so much to learn from my children.

2 comments:

Jen said...

What adorable little boys you have. I love the story about the laundry baskets. I can't wait until Sadie gets a little older so that I can see her imagination at work.

Shanna Butler said...

Love the underpants. Very fashionable. And so many ways to wear them! That Zachary is a fashionista! :)
I can't wait to see my cute nephews again!