Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Isabel's Blessing

Sunday, April 25, 2010 when she was exaclty one month old we blessed our darling little daughter. It was a special day. Linden kept teasing me that he just might be "inspired" to give her the name Matilda instead of Isabel. He stuck with Isabel in the blessing, though.



Since we opted to not use my blessing dress I spent the week figuring out a patern and sewing the dress. I was going to put some baby blue gussets in the dress also, but ran out of time, so it is just white with the blue ribbon for trim. I was hoping to find a nice turquoise or lavender fabric for the gussets but there just wasn't the right shade so we went with my favorite, blue. I think the dress turned out well. It is hard to sew something so small, but I managed. I prefer blankets and such with straight lines, it is much easier. The dress isn't perfect but I think Isabel looked really cute in it. I also managed to finish her blessing blanket. I made one for each of the boys and now Isabel, also.



We had lots of family and friends there for this special day. I won't name them all because I know I would forget someone. Just a big Thank You to everyone for taking the time to come. It means a lot. There were also lots of others that we know wanted to come but couldn't because of time, distance or other commitments. Thanks to you also. We know everyone will have a special role in Isabel's life.

1 comment:

Deanna said...

You did a great job on the dress! It's BEAUTIFUL!!!