I just got home from the evening session of Stake Conference. Our stake president spoke about the miracles that fill our lives and the steps that we can take to more fully recognize the blessings from our Heavenly Father. Monday, May 3, I was very grateful for a little miracle that occurred in my life.
I had just gone outside to haul some wood inside when I noticed that I had a little boy that followed me out. I got Zackary back inside and Isabel was a bit fussy. So, I stayed inside and got her calmed down, fed and sleeping in the cradle. I was headed back outside to get more wood, but didn't want the boys to follow me out so I snuck out the back door after I got them interested in books AND Sesame Street.
It didn't work. Halfway through getting my arms full both boys were coming out the back door, wanting to help me. I can't forget to mention that this was a cold, WINDY, Idaho spring day and they came out without coats. To make them feel like they were helping I had them each carry a small piece of wood. After the three of us were loaded up we headed over to go back inside.
Unfortunately, the boys were trying to be helpful and locked the door for me as they came outside. I tried to get it open, but couldn't. I knew that the front door was locked up tight, I had double checked it before I went outside. What to do?? I was outside with two little boys without coats on a cold day, and worse, little Isabel was INSIDE!! I headed back to our neighbors house hoping they would be home and I could call mom to come over with our spare key she has.
Thank goodness for neighbors. They were home and let me borrow their phone. I called mom. She didn't answer at home, so I tried her cell and just left her a message. The next call was to the office. The secretary there said she was at the cannery. Hence, there would be no help from mom for a few hours. The secretary volunteered to go find the keys, but I told her that I had no clue where they would be or even remembered what they looked like.
Meanwhile, my mind is hoping and praying that Isabel was allright and that we will be able to get back in QUICKLY. The neighbors gave me a screwdriver and instructions as to how to break into a house. I knew that the back door never seemed as secure as the front door, so I attempted there first. No luck. I went to the front door, praying more earnestly that I would be able to get in. I got there and barely touched the door and watched it swing open. My prayers had been answered. I KNEW that the door had been closed and closed tightly, yet when I went to open the door it practically opened itself for me. How truly grateful I am that I was able to get back inside so quickly. Isabel was just fine, in her cradle sleeping, and Anton and Zackary didn't get cold from being outside in the wind. That was a huge miracle for me. There have been so many times and ways that our prayers have been answered, this is just one of the many miracles that we have in our lives. How grateful I am for a loving Heavenly Father.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Aaaaah! Rachel! I would have died right there on the spot! I'm grateful the Lord was watching over you too and baby Isabel and my cute nephews.
PS Not so sure about the new blog name . . .
These tender mercies are truly great!
Post a Comment