Monday, September 27, 2010

Where in the World is Elder Jeffs?

We had a busy week. Two days were spent working on a baby quilt for Jimmy and Ling's baby that is arriving in about four weeks. They are having a little girl, so Mom and I have been busy getting stuff made for them. I will post pictures of the quilt when it is done. We finished the top and will be quilting it this week and binding it the next. Anton, Zackary and Isabel were really good sports while we were busy sewing. The boys love playing at Grandma's house and Isabel is pretty happy as long as someone is in the room with her.

In addition to being busy sewing we had some other fun things happening.

Isabel is always content to have her toys to chew on. This last week she actually rolled all the way over a few times. (She has been able to roll over for a few months, but she chooses to just roll onto her side. She DISLIKES tummy time!!) She is now six months old and I will hopefully be getting a post done for this benchmark after her doctor's appointment tomorrow.



Wednesday night we were getting ready to go to Shaun's football game. It was decent weather and the boys and I hadn't made it to a game yet this year. I told the boys they needed to change out of their shorts and into pants because it would be getting cooler before we would be getting home. This is what I ended up with. Their shorts on over top of their pants. They were so excited with their accomplishment that they had a really hard time holding still for the picture.



Thursday we got a call from a very excited John. Our nephew had received his mission call. We all gathered together at Grandma's house early that evening so he could open his call.

Here is the before picture with the proud parents.



And the before picture with the excited missionary.



And the results are the Arizona, Tempe Mission, speaking English and entering the MTC on January 5, 2011. Congratulations, John!!



Saturday was the BIG day. Our ward fun run!! We made it. Anton, Zackary and I ran the mile while Isabel waited for us to get back and then we all waited for Papa to finish the 5K while we enjoyed a yummy breakfast of pancakes, eggs and sausage. It was lots of fun. There was a great turnout and we are looking forward to another ward fun run next year. In the mean time we are planning on keeping up our running and hopefully participating in some other fun runs. (Sorry, I was so worried about getting out the door with everything we needed for the run that I forgot the camera. I was really disappointed.)

Have a great week.

2 comments:

Trevor and Lisal said...

You are becoming a very incredibly regular blogger! I love it. Good job on the fun run! When's the marathon?

Jen said...

Oh my goodness-- my cousin just barely entered the MTC and he is going to the Tempe Arizona mission. His name is Craig Riddoch. Congrats on finishing your run. You're amazing!!