Monday, September 6, 2010

Just a Reminder

We recently completed reading the Book of Mormon illustrated books. (All 16 volumes, with pictures). We have decided that it was time to start reading from the regular scriptures so the boys would get used to no pictures. So, a couple of weeks ago we started reading the Book of Mormon. Linden and I each have our own scriptures to read from, mine in Spanish, Linden's in English. Anton gets my old triple from when I was baptized and Zackary gets a blue copy of El Libro de Mormon. Zackary loves the pictures in his book. Each night when we read scriptures he loves to find the pages that have the pictures. He only wants to look at the picture of Christ and talk about him. It seems to be his favorite part of the day. He loves to point to Christ and tell us all about him. How grateful I am for my little two year old's reminder of the importance of our Savior and how the scriptures teach us about him. I should make it as much of a priority in my life to seek out Christ every day when I read the scriptures as he does and then remember to apply what I learn as I go throughout my day. How wonderful it is to have little children to remind us of the important things in life.



I realized a little bit ago that the majority of my blog posts include pictures of the boys in their pajamas and not their clothes. Well, they actually do get dressed every once in a while and for the proof I decided to include this picture of the three of them all dressed.



Now that Isabel is five months old we got the high chair out of storage and got it all cleaned up for her use. She gets to sit in it while we eat dinner and it is much easier than holding her while I try to eat. Another bonus is that she now gets a little bit of rice cereal. Her brothers are fascinated with helping to feed her. I think Isabel would almost prefer that they didn't help. Luckily, she loves her brothers.



MMMM, yummy food, thanks, Mama.



This summer we got the boys sunglasses to wear. We ofter hear complaints from the backseat of the car when the sun is shining in their face and hoped this would solve the problem. Plus, what little boy doesn't agree that sunglasses are cool. They each got to choose the ones they wanted. Zackary chose some cool Sponge Bob sunglasses while Anton went for Tigger ones. Anton really likes the tigger ones because they open up. We think he looks like quite the cute little nerd with them open.



He doesn't seem quite so nerdy when they are closed, though.



Last summer Aunt Misti gave Anton and Zackary Spiderman and Superman pajamas with built in capes. They loved wearing them and they become an instant favorite. Unfortunately, they outgrew the pajamas. So, for Anton's birthday I planned on making a cape for him and knew I better get one made for Zackary, also. With Isabel coming the day before his birthday, I was too busy getting ready for the new baby to actually get two capes finished. So now five months later (and a few other projects in between) I finally got them done. The boys love them. I love watching them play with them. Here are Super Zackary and Super Anton showing off their capes.



It wouldn't be a cape if you couldn't fly through the air.



The boys swimming on the floor in their capes.



My handsome husband with our beautiful little daughter. She loves her daddy very much. She gets a huge grin on her face when she hears him coming. And of course, her daddy loves to play with her. He likes having her try new things. Whether or not she should be trying them, i.e. chocolate frosting, fingers that are covered with BBQ chip flavoring, etc. (of course it is all of his favorite things). Isabel's daddy gets in trouble with her mommy for such things.



Until next time. Chau.

1 comment:

Deanna said...

Love the capes!!! Super cute! My boys are constantly fighting over the Super "T" cape...guess it's time for a side-kick "t" cape. LOL!