Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Summer Fun

So, I was debating on working backwards to play catch up or if I should start with the oldest info and work forwards.  I opted for the working forwards. This summer the boys had a BLAST at the Melaleuca picnic. In years past either they were too little to truly enjoy all the activities or one got sick and we took them home early. It was great fun to watch them enjoying the fun activities and eating all of the snow cones, popcorn and cotton candy their little hearts desired.

First up, was the horse rides, before the lines got super long.  The year before last this was the one activity they did, before Anton got sick and we sent them home.  When we got to the front of the line in years past we had to talk Anton into getting on the horse and Zackary was so giddy with excitement that we could hardly contain him, he would just hop right up onto the horse.  This year, we couldn't even talk Zackary into getting on a horse, whereas Anton jumped right up on the horse with great enthusiasm.  Go figure!!


Anton enjoying his horse ride, immensely, as evidenced by the tongue. Notice he is on by HIMSELF!!  No mommy to help this year.  Way to go Anton!


Proof that Isabel was there.  She and Papa and Grandma Butler (thanks to Brad for giving her his guest ticket) hung out in the shade.  Of course we slathered them all up with sunscreen, but she was so bald and little we decided to keep her in the shade of the tents.  She LOVED the cotton candy.  Let me say that again, She LOVED!!!!! the cotton candy!!!!!

After the horse rides we went down to the carnival games and all of the rides bouncey toys, etc.  We played a few carnival games, but the boys were much more interested in the rides and bouncy toys.  So, we let them ride the ferris wheel.


You can kind of see who is who. Anton is in the blue hat and Zackary is in the white hat.


Up next was the octopus.  They said they got really dizzy, but had fun.

Finally we moved to all of the bouncy toys and slides.  This was quite interesting.  You can really tell which boy is more adventurous while they were playing on these toys, or at least less afraid of heights.


Here is Anton starting to climb, then looking back down and deciding he liked being down better.

Zackary went all the way up without any hesitation.  He enjoyed the climbing.


But more than the climbing, he enjoyed the sliding down!  He went all the way through the maze and slid down about twelve times while we waited and waited and waited and waited and waited for Anton to emerge.


Still no Anton.  But Zackary sure is enjoying himself.

I finally went around behind and found Anton.  After much encouragement he FINALLY climbed to the top.  I told him he would have lots of fun sliding down.


When he got to the top he just sat.


And sat.


And sat some more.  Hmmmm, maybe is is worth trying to climb back down.  NOPE.  Looks to steep and scary.  So he sat there, at the top.  I was beginning to wonder if he would ever make it down or if I was going to have to climb in and slide down with him.  Anton, despite the fact that he is the older brother, will never go down any slide at any playground until he has watched Zackary go down several times.  We finally got him to go down with Zackary at his side.  We then went on to another bouncy slide and Anton and Zackary went down that one about 20 times together, side by side.  That is the only way that Anton would go down.  Thank goodness for little brothers!!  They had a BLAST!!  My little guys were quite disappointed when I told them it was time to go find Grandma, Papa and Isabel.

We had a great time at the picnic.  Thanks to Melaleuca.  The boys LOVED it.  Next year Isabel might even be big enough to join in on the fun.

1 comment:

Susan said...

I love to climb those things too and am so glad that I have kids so that I can go with them. LOL! I am glad that they enjoyed it! Looks like lots of fun.