Since we had just gotten home with Zackary from the hospital the day before, our Christmas was pretty low key. Also, I had hoped all week to figure out what to get the kids for sure (we had been racking our brains to come up with ideas for much longer). We had already gotten them piano books for piano lessons from Grandma, a couple of drawing books, and another book. But, we hadn't gotten them anything else to open. Every kid needs a toy to open on Christmas. Between sick kids, the hospital visit and everything else, we never got anything else for the kids on Christmas. How truly grateful I was for an annonymous Santa on Christmas Eve. We had some packages delivered to us. Including three wrapped boxes, which Linden and I assumed were for the kids. SCORE!! Thanks to our wonderful Santa and Aunt Leonora our kids had toys under the Christmas tree. The boys scored with some legos and a Wonderful Western building block set. They have loved playing with them. Isabel got a stuffed elephant and the most adorable little doll EVER! She is handmade and Isabel LOVES her. Linden dubbed her "Cynthia" as he has naming privileges to all dolls in our house.

We are truly grateful for our Santa and Aunt Leonora for giving our children something fun to play with on Christmas. THANK YOU!!
The boys on Christmas morning, notice our beautiful tree that Daniel and David cut down for us on the Christmas tree outing.
Isabel decided to sleep in on Christmas, so we let her. Anton and Zackary did a little bit. I wish Zackary would have slept a bit later, considering that he had just gotten home from the hospital and was still sick, but it was Christmas.
We had a great Christmas, I had planned on visiting several of the widows and widowers in our ward the week preceding Christmas, but decided not to get them sick, so we are trying to get them visited now that we don't have any diseases to share. I just hope to teach the kids to worry more about giving than getting.
Hope everyone had as wonderful a Christmas as we did. I am truly grateful for the Christmas Spirit of love and joy and sharing.
1 comment:
I LOVE the little dolly that Isabel got, so cute! I think that Cynthia is a great name for this doll.
Post a Comment