Monday, October 18, 2010

Our First Primary Program (As Parents)

"I can be baptized." "I can be baptized." "I can be baptized." This was Anton's line for the primary program. It was four words long and he had it memorized from the day that he got his part about a month ago. And we have heard it over and over. We have also really enjoyed hearing him singing more and more songs from the program. Everything came together and we had a great Primary Program on Sunday. Over one hundred children were able to share their lines about what they had learned throughout the year.

Anton was really cute. He was quite excited about the program. He sang almost all of the songs, except when he got distracted by watching someone or something else. He was reverent and he did a great job of saying his part. He turned away from the microphone as he said the last word, so he got to go back to the microphone and say it again. We are grateful for Grandma Nielsen, Grandpa and Grandma Butler, Uncle Alex, Uncle John and Shaun all coming to support Anton.

How wonderful it is to have the Primary to help us teach our children about our Savior, Jesus Christ. Anton knows that his Savior Lives! As he continues to grow and learn he will come to know and understand even more.

On Sunday night for our family prayer Anton said the sweetest prayer. He was thanking Heavenly Father for "Zackary, ooops, I mean Thomas the Train." (Zackary was wearing his Thomas the Train pajamas.) He then continued, "and thank you for our sweet little flower, her name is Isabel, and thank you for Mom, her name is Rachel, and thank you for Linden, he is such a nice Daddy." (Isabel was wearing a dress with flowers on it.) How blessed we are to have three such wonderful little children.

This week I forgot to take pictures. So, I decided to have some fun. Below are three pictures. Each taken of one of our new little bundles of joy while we were still in the hospital with them. You get to guess which is which, if you so desire, by posting a comment.







Sunday when we were visiting Grandma we got this cute picture of Grandma with her great-granddaughter. Grandma was holding Isabel and said they both looked so cute it would make a great picture. I completely agreed. However, I didn't have my camera with me, so this was taken with the camera from the phone. How wonderful it is to have my Grandma still here with us. We love visiting her every Sunday before we go to church. One Sunday Grandma encouraged the boys to be loud in Sacrament meeting. Zackary completed with Grandma's wish. He screamed so loud that the ENTIRE chapel and gym could hear him. Another week Grandma encouraged the boys to take the comics with them to church. We had a hard time getting the boys to leave the comics in the car. We told Grandma about the screaming and the comics. She had a good laugh, as we all did. We love you Grandma.



I really did start this post on Monday, it just didn't get finished until Tuesday. Sorry. Have a great week.

3 comments:

Deanna said...

They all look the SAME! LOL! I guess youngest to oldest, from top to bottom. :)

Sara Birch said...

Ha, ha, that's funny about Grandma! I'm sure my boys would do the same thing if they were encouraged to. That's a cute picture of Isabel with Grandma. When we were up in Idaho this past weekend my dad had us try some of your fresh apple juice...it was so yummy!

Susan said...

Isabel's on the bottom and I think that Zachary is on the top and Anton in the middle (I am not sure about the boys, Isabel looks a little different though). LOL!
I love that pic of Grandma with Isabel. I love that Grandma still has the comics at her house to enjoy, I remember reading them every Sunday at her house after church. What good memories.