Monday, October 25, 2010

Our Discovery

From last week, for those who were wondering, Zackary was the top picture, Anton the middle and Isabel the bottom. Isabel is easier to tell apart than the boys, maybe because she is still a baby. Anton and Zackary I can tell apart from the hair and mouth. Zackary has darker hair and Anton has his papa's mouth.

Yesterday we had an announcement in our ward that left lots of people questioning where they will be in two weeks. Next Sunday our stake is having a special meeting during which they will be organizing a new ward and changing the boundaries of the other seven wards in the stake. (For those of you who don't know a ward is a geographical area in which the people living there meet together for church, a stake is the next step up, like a county and then a state, but not that big, more on the neighborhood/city level.) Who knows which ward we will be in, when we will have church and which building we will be attending. What a blessing to be able to participate in this great event, the creation of a new ward.

We had a great week, again. (Of course nothing is ever perfect, but I prefer to highlight the things that did go well.)

Isabel got a new shirt from Aunt Misti. Of course we had to get a picture of her in it to show it off. She is just so adorable and I love the fact that this shirt announces it. She is now seven months old. She still chooses not to roll over. However, she is getting more demanding. She wants to be sitting up or standing up so she can look around and see what is happening all the time sometimes, it seems. She is getting closer and closer to being able to sit up by herself. I have been hoping to get a picture of her sitting, but she only lasts a few seconds before she gets distracted by her brothers, a toy or something else and topples over. Maybe next week she will have mastered sitting enough that we can get a picture of her sitting for all to see.



Anton and Zackary could hear me get the camera out if they were two miles away. They can never resist getting their picture taken. Hopefully this lasts throughout their life. We will see. In the mean time, we always take their picture when we have the camera out. Hence, we got this photo of the three of them. It only took about five minutes and MANY, MANY, MANY tries to get the picture below. We still didn't get all three looking at the camera and smiling without any blurs from motion, something that I am getting used to now. In the meantime I have a PLETHORA of photos with the boys and all sorts of different fun expressions and lots of great memories.



Our week started out with the boys not wanting to wear their undershirts. It took a little convincing to get them to wear them. The second day it turned into a competition to see who could wear the most shirts. In the photo below it isn't completely apparent, but, Anton is wearing his undershirt and two other shirts and Zackary is wearing the required undershirt and three other shirts. I didn't need to worry about them getting cold that day.

After I got home from running one day I was doing a few situps and the boys decided to join me. Linden readily agreed to get a picture considering that he says I am never in the pictures on the blog. Please excuse my appearance and remember I did just finish a run.



Of course, when getting a picture of the boys and I, Linden couldn't resist a cute picture of Isabel who was wondering what all the fuss was about.



Friday afternoon we went to the Pumpkin Walk where the boys were able to enjoy lots of different scenes all incorporating pumpkins, a straw maze, and a some picture boards.

I thought this pumpkin totem pole was quite fun.



This was just one of the many pumpkin scenes there. I haven't seen The Wizard of Oz for years. The monkeys always scared me. Maybe it is still worth seeing again.



Had to get a shot of my handsome husband and our little Isabel.



This was a fun picture to get. The boys were so busy looking at themselves being Ernie and Bert that is was impossible to get them to look at the camera. Grandma Butler got to be the Count while I tried to hold Isabel in place and stay where I needed to be at the same time. It worked and I didn't whack Isabel's head on the board, either, go me.



Linden had a great discovery on Saturday morning. I will let you see this picture and see if you have any guesses as to what it is.



Saturday morning Linden was out hauling wood, helping us to get ready for winter. He came to the door holding the discovery in the picture above. He told me he thought the boys might enjoy seeing it. I looked at him and looked at what he was holding and thought he was crazy. Why in the world would the boys want to see a wood chip. They have seen plenty of wood before, what is the big deal about this one. As these thoughts were running through my head I continued to study the piece of wood, wondering if Linden had lost it. After studying it for quite a while I finaly realized what the wood chip really was.


Don't scroll down until you have a guess as to what it is.












A butterfly. What a great disguise it has. Linden found out what kind of butterfly it is on the internet, we aren't 100% positive, but we are believe it is either a green comma or a satyr comma. (Named commas for the tiny silver/white comma shaped mark they have on the underside of their wings, the side that looks like bark/wood.) They hibernate over the winter. Here is the top side of the butterfly's wings. What an amazing little creature that our Heavenly Father has created.



Have a fabulous week, and make sure to watch out for little wood chips. Don't squish them.

1 comment:

Shanna Butler said...

I'm with you on the scary monkeys Rachel. And I miss you guys. What cute pictures!