Friday, February 19, 2010

Preston Trip

The middle of October we had a wonderful day trip to Preston, Idaho. Linden's Aunt Becky and Dan were there on a hunting trip from Washington and we couldn't resist the idea of visiting them. So, we packed up the boys and took off for Preston. It was a nice drive there. We drove about twelve miles back up into a canyon (I don't remember which canyon anymore) and found their camping spot. They were staying in a very pretty little campground.

The day before Dan Jr. had gotten a deer, so we had the pleasure of having all three of them visit with us in camp all day, Aunt Becky, Dan and Dan Jr. We had a great visit. They decided to spoil the boys and got each of them a little toy. We had a delicious lunch of tacos and fixins. The thing we enjoyed most, though, was being able to visit with them. The last time we saw them was at our family reunion at the end of July at Bear Lake. Before then, though, we hadn't seen Aunt Becky since Linden and I went up to Washington on our honeymoon.

We are very grateful to have such wonderful family and really enjoyed their hospitality. We look forward to seeing them again soon.

Aunt Becky and Dan with Anton and Zackary.



Aunt Becky and Dan.



These pictures were taken a few years before of the same canyon when they were there hunting. Since I forgot to take any pictures of the gorgeous fall scenery while we were there I am including these pictures that Aunt Becky sent to me. There wasn't any snow while we were there, but I like it. It adds a nice little something extra to the fall colors and pine trees.





This picture we dug up at Linden's mom's house. It is from a family reunion from ages ago. Annikka is the baby. Brina and Brook weren't born yet. Aunt Becky, Uncle Rick and their clan are there along with Uncle Mike, Grandma Ruby and her former husband. I thought it was a great picture. Thanks to Linden for scanning it for me so that I could post it. Enjoy the memories.

No comments: