Saturday, April 30, 2011

A Few Reason I Haven't Been Blogging

Finally, I am getting some pictures of my adorable children posted. However, this post is more about what has been keeping me busy lately. (Besides being a mom, wife, and working.) I have been quite busy sewing and learning more about the fun adventures that come with sewing.

First up is this quilt. My mom and I made matching baby quilts for Leonora and Jessica who were due on the same day with baby girls. After cutting out over 2,500 pieces and lots and lots of sewing, pressing, sewing, pressing, quilting and then binding we got them done. This is the first ever quilt that I have pieced like this. It was lots of fun and now I am looking forward to making another quilt. Officially, my mom made the one for Jessica and I made the one for Leonora, with some help from mom.



Katelynn came over a month early in November, we had started on the quilts, but they weren't quite done. Luckily, this meant that Jessica's was done on time when Claire arrived on December 10. I forgot to take pictures of the quilt before I sent it down to Leonora and Katelynn. So, the above picture is one that Leonora and Kevin sent me and the other is via mom's cell phone.



There were a few quilt blocks, table runners, mending and other sewing projects in between this quilt and the next project, but no pictures were taken before they were sent off to their recipients.

Up next are the outfits that I made for Brook and Bob's wedding. Linden had a tie to match his brothers' ties for the wedding, but I wanted him to have one to match us also. (I left off the individual pictures of the kiddos in their ties and dress because they are in the previous post.)



While hunting for material for the wedding I came across a fabulous deal on the perfect material for another project and had an epiphany. Matching outfits aren't just for family weddings!!! I can make matching Easter outfits. I finished everything (almost) that I had hoped to get done by 11 PM, not quite midnight. Yeah, one whole hour to spare before Easter was here. Not bad for just a month to accomplish this undertaking. The only thing I didn't get done that I wanted was a little flower or decoration of some sort for Isabel's pinafore. Alas, I need to learn how to do stuff like that, still. I am hoping to get brave enough to attempt it soon.

Here is the family on Easter, after church at Grandma's. Linden told me that he would NOT wear a vest, so I didn't need to make him one. Then, while we were driving to church he told me (just to bug me) if I had made him a vest he would have worn it. GUESS WHAT LINDEN!!! You are getting one next time!



Little Isabel was so wiggly we had a really hard time getting her to hold still for the pictures. Here are the two that are the least blurry. She is really growing up!



Even a toy didn't keep her still for long enough to get a good picture.



For Anton and Zackary I had a hard time narrowing it down to one picture. They just looked so adorable.

Don't let his innocent look fool you.



Por favor, por favor, por favor, can I?????????????



A typical Anton cheesy grin.



So proud of his new vest and tie!



Hamming it up for the camera.



Have to show off the back of the vest, also.




Thanks for letting me share my handiwork. I have a lot of learning to perfect my sewing, but I have learned a LOT (sometimes more than I wanted) in the last few months.

5 comments:

Deanna said...

LOOOOOOOOOVE it!!! Look at you go! That is ONE adorable family you have. ♥

Jen said...

Wow- you are amazing! I can't even sew in a straight line. I love the Easter outfits. And I say that you should totally make a vest for Linden and make him wear it!

Sara Birch said...

Way to go! The quilt was beautiful and I loved your matching Easter outfits.

Trevor and Lisal said...

Amazing you are! Have missed your blogging. Outfits are adorable! Quilt is wow wow wow! How did you give it away? Leonora is lucky!

Susan said...

I love how the easter outfits turned out. the fabric is so fun! Good job!