Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Yellowstone and Grand Teton

While the Ohio Nielsens were here we had a great trip to Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks. It was lots of fun. I didn't get many pictures from the trip (except the hike) because I was busy with three children one being an almost three month old baby. I was so grateful for all of the Aunts and Uncles helping me with the kids because Linden was missing us in Washington and unable to assist.

It was a great trip and between all of the different vehicles there were many great experiences. We saw elk, deer (a mother with newborn twin fawns, they had been born just MINUTES before), moose, bears, wolf, eagles, and SO many other animals. We also saw lots of geysers and other geo-thermal features, waterfalls, lakes, rivers, and mountains and streams. What a beautiful place. How wonderful to live in such a beautiful world Heavenly Father has created for us.

Here is the rundown on the pictures that I did get.

Uncle Alex, Aunt Annikka and Aunt Brina with Anton and Zackary on one of the hikes at Mammoth.



Aunt Brina with Anton and Zackary at Mammoth in Yellowstone.



One of the days of our trip we decided to hike up to Hidden Falls. We were brave going with two infants, a four year old and a two year old. It was lots of fun and luckily there were Aunts and Uncles to encourage Anton and Zackary along, keep them out of the puddles and let them wipe their mud covered hands on their pants when they fell (they don't like dirty hands and wiping them off kept them from fussing about dirty hands, it was a rainy trip.) My job was to keep Isabel asleep in the sling as we hiked and take pictures.

Aunt Brina with Zackary.



Uncle Alex and Aunt Brook on our hike. Yep, Brook is pretty short!! (However, Alex is standing on a rock.)



Aunt Claudette with Anton. Pausing for a picture.



Isabel and I hiking.



The torrent of water running down the mountain.



Aunt Annikka, Aunt Brook, and Aunt Claudette.



We miss you, Daddy. Wish you could have been there with us.



All of us at the falls. In the very back, Alex with Anton. Brook, Claudette, Brina and Zackary, Rachel with Isabel, Annikka, and Doug with Ella.



Hidden Falls. So much power in the water.



Hidden Falls, from when we hiked there last fall. Notice the difference that spring run off makes.



All of us that went on the hike posed by Jenny Lake, minus me, the photographer, and Isabel in her sling. Claudette, Zackary, Brina, Anton, Brook, Alex, Annikka, Ella and Doug.



A view of the Tetons from the trail up to Hidden Falls.



The Ohio Nielsens. We MISS you.



A view of Mount Moran taken from Colter Bay. Love the cloud cover! It gives it a great feel.



Those of us left for the last day of the trip. We walked down to Jackson Lake but it was WAY too cold to do very much. It had snowed that morning (just a little bit). We soon headed over to Jackson Lake Lodge where we ate Dusty Glaciers! MMMMMMM!!!!!!!



Thanks for a great trip!!

2 comments:

Trevor and Lisal said...

Can't believe you go so much with 3 little kids. They are lucky and you are amazing. I have trouble going to the grocery store if I have to take 3 with me and 2 of mine are BIG! You're amazing!

Jessica and Tom said...

I have never been to hidden falls before. It is beautiful. I'll have to add that to our list next time we go. I love Yellowstone. It is always fun.