Tuesday, August 17, 2010

We Miss You, Uncle Mike!

On Saturday, July 3, 2010 Uncle Mike passed away from esophogeal cancer. He was diagnosed just a few months previous to his passing. Although I only got to personally meet him twice I was greatly impacted by his love for me and his very amiable, friendly and jovial personality. He was always ready with a good joke to lighten everyone's spirits. He truly cared for others and showed it in his actions.



My first encounter with Uncle Mike was when Linden and I were on our honeymoon. Linden's grandma hadn't been able to come to the wedding. So for our honeymoon we went to visit her in South Bend, WA. I was thrilled to find Uncle Mike, Aunt Becky, Tami and Mark there from Seattle, also. We had a wonderful visit. I felt so overwhelmed at the great love and friendship that was offered to me by Linden's family members before they even knew me. How wonderful it was to get to know them and become a member of their family. Everyone needs to have in-laws that are so accepting, loving and willing to offer friendship.



Uncle Mike was so willing to give of his time and resources to serve others. Every time he saw us he always had something to give either Linden and I or the boys or Isabel. Even when Linden was up visiting him in Washington shortly before he passed he had little gifts for Linden to bring back for Anton, Zackary and Isabel. At the family reunion last summer in Bear Lake he bought little toys for Anton and Zackary. We had a great time with him at the beach with lots of laughs. He was thrilled to be there with his nieces and nephews, spending time with them and just relaxing and enjoying the day.



We miss you, Uncle Mike. Thanks so much for the memories!

No comments: