Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Family Participation!!

The new thing at our house is that Isabel is being potty trained!!  We are through week one, and she slowly seems to be making progress. Unlike her brothers, she does NOT stay dry at night, so we have her in diapers only at night.  She is getting better at not having accidents.  Slowly but surely we will get there.

Last night after dinner, I was helping Tyanna do the dishes while Linden took his turn supervising Isabel's potty time.  I heard lots of little giggles from Isabel and even more laughter coming from others in the bathroom.  I went to investigate and discovered that Isabel was busy entertaining her two brothers, cousin, Uncle David and her father with potty humor.  She would tap Uncle David on the arm and tell him to listen.  She would then proceed to pass gas and listen to the five males in her company laugh and laugh and laugh (Her father claims that he was not laughing).  She would then repeat the process.  This happened several times.  She was thoroughly enjoying herself and needless to say the five males, like all males, were easily entertained.  Last night Isabel had lots of family participation with her potty training. I can only hope that I can instill in her more lady-like qualities than her male relatives. (Needless to say that I had a hard time not laughing while watching five boys "helping" one little girl use the bathroom.)

1 comment:

Shanna Butler said...

Yah! A blog post! Keep it up Rachel. Miss you guys!