Thursday, July 14, 2011

A Bridal Shower and Wedding

The last friday in May we had a bridal shower for Brina. It was a blast. Thanks to Misti for hosting a great party.

We all got to decorate shirts and wear wigs. Here is a group shot.


The beautiful bride. Doesn't she look lovely in her green wig?  Wonder if she will wear it at the wedding?


Having fun with Karaoke.  Everyone's favorite song was Fernando by ABBA.


Our hostess and Keith.  He dared to come up from the basement to join in the fun for a little bit and pose for a picture.


Isabel in her shirt.  It was getting pretty late and I decided to get a picture of her before we left and she was either zonked or cranky.


The next morning I got the kids to pose in the wig.  They thought it was pretty funny that mom had purple hair.  When I told them they could also, they couldn't resist.

Zackary had to model the hair.


Anton bore with the itchiness of it long enough for a picture.


Isabel:  Get this off of me. NOW!!!


Brina and Darin got married on June 11, 2011 in Boise.  We drove over there to attend the festivities.  On our way over the kids were great.  We only had two stops.  The first was just a quick little restroom break.  About another hour down the road Zackary had let Isabel play with his doll, Matilda for a little while.  When he got it back he was complaining about how Isabel had gotten Matilda all dirty.  I just assumed it was from the crackers on which Isabel had been snacking.  A few minutes later Linden and I noticed a funny smell and decided we probably should pull over at the next gas station to check out our little darling's diaper.

When I went to get Isabel out of the car I didn't even know where to touch her!!  It took about fifteen wipes so that I dared touch her to get her out of the car seat.  I then went inside holding her very carefully so as to not get myself dirty.  The boys followed so they could use the bathroom again while Linden stayed out to sanitize her carseat, the car and Zackary's poor little doll, Matilda.  We got to the restroom to encounter a nice long line of women waiting their turn.  Luckily the diaper changing station wasn't in use.  I proceeded to get Isabel cleaned up when Anton decided to announce to everyone that "Isabel's poo leaked out of her diaper!" To the entire room of women.  We got lots of laughs for that announcement and a very red-faced mom hushing Anton. I had no idea such a little girl could have so much come out of her. Oh, such good memories.  (Don't worry, I didn't take any pictures to post.)

Thirty minutes later we were back on the road again and luckily didn't have any further incidents on the rest of our drive.  When we got to Boise Darin's sister let us use her washing machine to do laundry and further get everything cleaned up.  THANK YOU.

Brina and Darin were married at the Rose Garden in Julia Davis park in downtown Boise.  That weekend they also had an Iron Man Triathalon.  After an hour of driving around trying to find a way around all of the closed roads we FINALLY found the park.  Luckily everyone else had the same problem.

Anton and Zackary got to be the ring bearers.  They did a great job.


Here comes the bride.


The ceremony.  Anton and Zackary stood so quietly through the ceremony.  They made such cute little ring bearers.


The boys were making such cute faces I couldn't resist posting this picture.


Isabel was more interested in playing with a rose petal from one of the rose bushes than in looking at the camera.


All of us at the wedding.


Brina and Darin made their own wedding cake.  I think it turned out really well.  What a memory for them.  It was quite a brave decision.


The cute couple.  Congrats Brina and Darin.  We are thrilled for you!!


A wedding is never complete without a kiss!!


No comments: