We had a bridal shower for Leonora, the glowing bride. I was in charge of the game where you ask the groom (Kevin) a whole bunch of questions and see how many the bride can answer correctly. Unfortunately, Leonora didn't fare so well. Instead of having her put a piece of gum in her mouth for each incorrectly answered question I chose to have her put on another item of clothing. I don't remember what all she is wearing but here is what you can see. A scarf (worn as a turban), swimming goggles, a vest, a sweater, shorts, soccer socks, and a bra (stuffing was inlcuded). Since it was in August I am sure she was glad when the game ended and she was able to take the stuff off. I do have to give her credit for being a good sport. Thanks for the fun Leonora!
I am ready for marriage, bring it on!!
Here is my future Chip 'n Dales dancer. (I hope not!!) One Sunday morning Linden decided to have some fun with Zackary while getting him dressed for church. Too bad we didn't have him at Leonora's bridal shower. That would have been great for a few laughs.
Zackary in his cowboy hat riding his trike.
No more pictures please, Dad!
One of the boys favorite activities during the summer is playing in the water. Grandma Nielsen got them a slip 'n slide, but I always forgot to take pictures of those fun times. They also really enjoyed the kiddie swimming pool that Aunt Shanna and Uncle Benjamin gave Anton for his First Birthday (yip, we still have it). Again, no pictures of that. What we do have, though is pictures of the boys playing in the irigation water at Grandpa and Grandma Butler's. The boys love it!! I think they look adorable after I get them all slathered up with sunscreen everywhere, inlcuding their hair. It sticks up so cute.
Out on the lawn, during a break from splashing each other.
What is that over there and how can I get in trouble playing with it?
Anton with his splashing stick. Luckily, he just used it for splashing and hitting the apples that had fallen off of the tree.
Feeding the ducks, geese, and other birds at the green belt. The boys LOVED watching the bread get gobbled up. They were glad they were on the bench, though. Some of the birds can be quite aggressive.
We'll have to go again next summer. Maybe by then Zackary will eat less and share more with the birds.
One morning Zackary found some of Anton's underwear and insisted on wearing it. (That is more than we get from Anton.)
Anton loves "spelling" everyone's names with his blocks. He lines them up clear across the floor and proudly tells me where my name is, where his name is, where Grace's name is and anyone elses' names that he thinks needs to have their name spelled out in blocks on the floor.
My handsome husband with my two adorable boys. I decided I needed to get a picture of them wearing their matching ties that I made for them for Leonora's wedding. (They actually turned out well enough to wear, though I do need more practice to get a perfect tie.) This was taken one Sunday after church, hence grumpy boys ready for naps and lunch. I told Linden he only had to wear the tie twice, once for the wedding and once to church when we all wore our matching outfits. He doesn't really like the matchy, matchy thing. Nor does he like solid colored ties. Thanks, Linden.
Me with my two adorable boys!! I am in the dress I made. Again, more practice is needed to get a perfect result, but it worked.
One day Linden fell asleep on the couch. The boys decided they didn't want Daddy to get cold, despite the fact that it was rather warm. So, they piled all the blankets and stuffed animals they could find on top of him. He actually stayed asleep. I just had to get a picture, it was an irresistable moment.
No, he isn't sucking his thumb. He is just sound asleep.
A few weeks ago Linden spotted something I have never seen in Idaho before. It was right outside our front door. We think it is a salamander, not a lizard because it isn't scaly, but I am sure a biologist could tell us what it really is.
What a cute little naked bum!!! I hope you don't mind my sharing this picture. Linden and I thought it was really cute. We have been earnestly trying to get Anton potty trained. He does EVERYTHING he needs to except actually use the toilet. As a consequence, Zackary is getting closer to being potty trained than Anton. This picture was taken after one of his successes. He was trying to wash his hands by himself. The stool isn't quite tall enough. He uses the stool to get up to the sink and then climbs up further to try to turn on the water. He usually ends up getting distracted by all of the "toys" at the sink. I think after he got up Anton moved the stool because it was his turn to sit on the potty so he needed it instead of Zackary. So, Zackary was left hanging at the sink. Luckily he didn't even notice the stool was gone. He was having so much fun.
More posts to come later this week. I'll hopefully then do better at keeping current.
2 comments:
Cute pictures of your boys! I was talking about you with Jen York the other night and wanted to let you know we're thinking about you and your family. I don't have your e-mail so will you send a message my way? stevie.croft@gmail.com
Ha, I just noticed my comment won't post until you approve it, so I guess I can just write what I want in here without anyone else being able to see it. CONGRATULATIONS! I'm so excited for you! Sometimes life is so surprising and so wonderful at the same time. I hope everything is going well and you're feeling good enough to keep chasing after those cute boys of yours!
Love,
Stevie
Post a Comment