Friday, July 17, 2009

North Bingham Park

I remember when I was little that every once in a while Mom would tell us as soon as we were done raking the grass or weeding the garden or whatever, that we could go to the park for a picnic lunch and play on the toys. This was my favorite playground! I loved the toys they had. It was so fun. The only problem was that it seemed like we didn't get to go often enough and also, there was only one train or steering wheel or car or whatever one we deemed to be the funnest that day. My favorite was the slide they had. It was one of the wide silver ones that doesn't have sides and more than one kid can go down at a time. Anton and Zackary decided it wasn't worth their time, so I didn't get a picture of it. I also loved the tire swing! When I was little the toys seemed so big. But a couple of weeks ago when I was there they didn't seem so big, anymore. Strange how your adult perspective is so much different than a child's (in more ways than this). The night before Linden's birthday he and Alex were over at NBC Park playing disc golf, so the boys and I decided to join them. We played on the toys and with the soccer balls on the basketball court while Alex and Linden were playing disc golf. Enjoy the pictures!



Anton driving the big boat (or car or train or whatever it was at the moment). This was great because I don't let him play in the driver's seat of the car. He had so much fun driving and for a few days I didn't have to keep him from climbing in to the front seat of the car.



Zackary on the car. He wasn't so sure at first, but then he decided that he liked it allright.



Anton absolutely loved the train. Trains are one of his favorite things right now. He wasn't too happy to see the camera, though. It interupted his play time.



Zackary on the tire swing. I almost ripped my finger off pushing him on it. Somehow my index finger went into one of the links on the chain as I was pushing the swing. I couldn't get it out as it jerked my finger and completely twisted my arm around while I was trying to get the swing to stop. Let's just say that Zackary enjoyed it more than I did that day!



The soccer balls on the basketball court. Yes, one of them is pink and I have two boys!



Linden wondering why I am taking a picure of him while he is playing disc golf.



Uncle Alex was kind enough to catch Zackary for me. I was busy chasing Anton. Thank goodness for Uncles!

We will have to go again soon. The boys really enjoyed it.

2 comments:

Jen said...

That looks like so much fun. I love all of your pictures! We need to get together soon. Your boys are getting so big! By the way, happy LATE birthday Linden!!

Deanna said...

hey! Your boys are growing up!!! How are you? Long time, no see...

our blog address is www.ryandeannapoulsen. blogspot . com.